- [MJT] The Remedy 7.5 Desktop client appears to work, even though the install script supplied by the Remedy team does bring up some errors. I’ve been using it for a couple of days with absolutely no problems. The Remedy web (“Mid Tier”) client appears to work fine as well.
- [MJT] Oracle Discoverer crashes out on IE8 and Firefox 3.6. Whilst the initial attempt did work with Firefox, subsequent attempts have resulted in the application crashing completely.
- [MJT] “Solution Manager” – The RightAnswers Knowledge Base authoring tool works perfectly in IE8
- [MJT] Outlook 2003: The Oracle Connector batch file supplied by ITS doesn’t work. Trying to install the staff.prf file also didn’t work. Attempted to set up an email account manually and Outlook crashed out. However, the program restarted and appeared to be displaying and sending mail with no problems.
- [MJT] Word 2003: Performed some basic operations, worked fine.
- [MJT] Excel 2003: Opened and manipulated some spreadsheets.
- [MJT] Publisher 2003: Performed some basic image control and text flow operations.
- [MJT] Powerpoint 2003: Pasted some graphics and text in, ran a slideshow.
- [MJT] Outlook 2007: As with Outlook 2003, the OCFO installation files don’t work. However, setting up the OCFO manually, using the settings on the “Email and Calendar Server settings” KB article, this worked.
Corel PhotoPaint X3
- [MJT] PhotoPaint X3 (Downloaded from the ESD) installs fine, and basic operation so far seems to be fully functional. Will continue to test.
- [MJT] 7-Zip (x64 edition) fully functional, including shell extensions.
ISO mounting software
[MJT] I've been investigating methods of mounting ISO files in Windows 7. Whilst Win7 does include built in ISO burning software, there doesn't appear to be anything along the lines of VirtualCD from Microsoft. I have tried the following application:
- MagicDisc / MagicISO - http://www.magiciso.com/ - I've been happily using this at home (Win7 x64 HP) for several weeks with no problems. Easy to set up, easy to mount drives, no reliability problems. I can't find any information on the licensing aspect other than the above site saying that the software is Freeware.
| This page was last modified on 10 March 2010, at 13:48. | This page has been accessed 2,191 times. |